Monday, December 7, 2009

I'm a nerd.

Yes my friends, it is winter once again, quite possibly my favorite time of year. Odd, you may think, however there is something special to me about the weather outside being chilly, and sometimes down right bitterly cold. But after the kids have been put to bed, the dishes are washed, dried, and put away, toys that have infiltrated the family room are stowed away in their proper places, it is at that time I like to curl up beneath a cozy blanket to the hum of the dryer gently tumbling laundry and the aroma of candles elating my olfactory senses and read a book or sketch in my sketch book.

I believe it was around last year at this time that I posted on my blog about reading J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit". And it was about this time last year that I ceased reading "The Hobbit". For it was about this time my wife and I decided that it was probably in our family's best interest to move back to Florida. Little did we know that over the next 11 months from that point, we would go through the most difficult time our marriage has ever faced. We came out battered and bruised and we're still trying to claw our way out of a pit. But with our faith in God, we know He is in control. I could easily get off on a tangent here, so I will save that for another post.

So, as I was saying, "The Hobbit", I plan to pick this book back up and start reading it again as soon as I can catch up on my freelance work. Once I finish "The Hobbit", my plan is to move on to "The Silmarillion". That is yet another work of J.R.R. Tolkien's talking more deeply about the world of "The Hobbit" and "Lord of the Rings".

Yes, I'm a big nerd and I know it...but proud of it!

2 comments:

Stephanie Sofka said...

I love my nerd. P.S. You are not a nerd. Let me go to Goodwill tomorrow when you get home. Maybe just maybe they might have these books.

Mike said...

I love you babe! You're the best!!!