Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What's the rush?!

As I sat in a meeting at work today, I was gazing out the window, as I often do, and the office window faces out to the convergence of two major highways in Nashville. I am completely amazed to see a constant stream of cars traveling to and fro, never a break in traffic. Is there ever a moment when there wouldn't be a car traveling eastbound or westbound, it seems as though not. Where is everyone going? What is the rush? Why all the driving? Deadlines, meetings, not enough time, tick tock, tick tock, rush here, rush there, hurry hurry hurry! Our society has become so accustomed to a fast paced life, it's rare you see anyone stop and smell the roses anymore. What happened to horse drawn carriages; strolling through the park holding hands with the one you love; laying on a blanket gazing up at the stars with an innocent sense of wonderment...I miss those days...

No comments: